Tuesday, March 13, 2012

GOD changes everything / Reclaiming my Heart Chapter 2

                                                             Chapter 2 


         I truly thought after I came back from Haiti last year, God had showed me where my Heart was at, I totally accepted I will be down in Haiti or the like in the next 5 years. I came back from Haiti in October 2011 with a love of the people of Haiti and the country that I had a hard time coming back and becoming a bus driver lol! One thing I found out about myself in Haiti, God can use you in a mighty way if you get yourself out of your comfy zone, plainly said, it's all your external and internal mechanisms you build around you to make you feel safe and secure. You go to a third world country, the safety net is no where to be found,  for me, to find out all my so called safety nets were built around my heart to protect my heart from feelings I didn't want, or like to feel, like loneliness, homelessness or spiritual deadness. The only real  comfort I had in Haiti was knowing when all my safety nets were demolished and I was falling, there was no where to land EXCEPT in the arms of Jesus.  
            In November, I was looking at my 3 week vacation, I knew I was going to Haiti, I made arrangements to go to northern Haiti, I was so excited but I had some reservations, I could only go once a year, I was devastated! Thanksgiving was right the corner and  I didn't feel thankful. I was praying about what to do about going to Haiti more, it was a painful season of doubting which God took the doubting away very quickly because Thanksgiving came, Marilyn's family came into town for the week. Reg (Marilyn's son in law) told me about trucking up in North Dakota oil fields, how you work two weeks and off two weeks. Right away my ears perked up and I was convinced that was answer to prayer, so I prayed even more and felt very comfortable ( there's that word again) getting my class A and QUITTING my bus job of 12 years and benefits to go work up in the oil fields of ND so I can have 2 weeks off a month to go to Haiti and spend some time with me son Aaron. Prayers ANSWERED!!!!!!!!  So here I sit in a little trailer in New Town, North Dakota, the work is unpredictable, in the last week, 2 times I stayed up for more than 30 hours straight, you work enough hours in 2 weeks than others job you work in a month. I can say with confidants God has placed me in this situation to grow me for the mission field, a stranger in a strange land.  I know I can be content anywhere, because I have fallen in the safety net of Christ! When you stir up the pot of comfortism, you never know what God might have in store for you but you will have blessings to the 10th degree. Trust me, I am living out the blessings. I can't wait for Chapter 3!!!  Thanks for your Prayers everyone! 
no more Mr Bus Driver



This is my front yard view







Yes, Ice fishing





This is a"frac" site
The cylinders are holding Oil

Cool Farm

Big town of New Town




Bridge over the river Kwai
It's actually a big lake with a even a bigger Indian name   

Home is were the the heart is at
        

1 comment:

  1. Scott, How exciting!! Praying for you as you embark on this new adventure. What an awesome crazy wild God we serve!!

    ReplyDelete