Thursday, August 18, 2011

First days in Jacmel

       Monday night, Cj and my son, Aaron drove me to the airport, 1:00 am flew to Atlanta,  Ft Lauderdale, then got into Haiti at 3:50 pm. The flight was uneventful and when I got to Port, Tim Weber and Jeff Brown were waiting for me at the airport. We got in the truck and off we went to the heart of Port-Au-Prince in rush hour.
         We went a different way through Port and I will never get used to going through that city after a year and 8 months, the devastation on lives and property is so real and vast, I realized it will be hard for Port-Au-Prince to  recover from the earthquake and my heart and prayers go out to the People of Port-Au-Prince.
         On the way through Port, it started to rain, Tim and Jeff got in the cab, and I decided to stay out in the
rain because I was coup up in a plane all day long. I liked the 3 hours of  rain, lighting and mountainous roads all in the back of a Toyota pickup.
         Wednesday, Tim and I went into Jacmel to get my cell turn on, showed me were to buy gas and most important, he showed me the money system. All in all,  the first couple of days was to get accustom to my surrounding, and to rest a tad. Stay tune for more, I'ts only 6:00 and I need to retreat to room, thanks for your prayers  

       

       

2 comments:

  1. SCOTT! I will be the first to comment here... Glad to hear you arrived safely. Whatever you decided to do, do it with much prayer. ~Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! Enjoy the experiences that God provides!

    ReplyDelete