Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reclaimed my heart.....finally!

         In my first blog, I wrote " When I was in Haiti for the first time, God took my Heart and planted in fertile ground of Jacmel. I knew there would be a point in my travels in Jacmel the second time were I would meet God in a personal way. He would show Himself mightily and in the process I would reclaim my heart, to know without a shadow of a doubt, why God took this ordinary guy from Salt Lake City, and put him into Haiti for 6 weeks.
          Monday was the day God showed up, mightily, personally and in the process reclaimed my heart from Haiti. If I did't do anything else for the next month in Haiti, I know my trip was worth it.
         We had a Vacation Bible School for the kids of Raymond, about 100 of them, it was a awesome day. The day started at 8:00 am to set up 3 stations (sports. crafts, Bible stories and songs) and there was an excitement in the air, knowing 120 kid will be here running around within the hour, playing soccer, and leaning about Gods love. The first load of of kids came, as soon as their feet hit the ground, soccer balls and Frisbees were flying. It happen so fast, the only thing we could do was to jumped in and have fun. Then about 30 min later the next load came in, all I can say it was chaotic but God ordained to see all the children playing and laughing. I think the biggest change was, of course, was in  the team, it was hard to take in everything that was going on around us. Sara, for instance, she came up to me with a big grin on her face and a tear in her eye, and said "I am so happy, these kids are great". She had a Haiti moment, were God showed her the reason why she was here and the reason she will be coming back. You go Girl!
            I thought everything went smoothly, the sport was easy, soccer, and frisbees, the craft-- bracelets and beads Bible and singing was fun too. After everyone went through all the stations, we had lunch, rice and beans go figure, then packed the kids up in the truck, said all of our goodbyes and off they went singing a praise song in creole. The great thing is they will be back tomorrow, same time, same bat channel.
            After we clean up the site, we walked to the beach and relaxed and got sand in places sand should never be, GOT SAND?
            Tuesday------We did the same, we got there at 8:00 set up, and the kid came but only 160 of them, and boy it was steaming out there. We had the same drive as yesterday but the heat was so draining, everyone had to find shade and drank the contents of a  water truck by noon. I had a fun job, I took pictures of the cutest Haitians kids ever. They hung on me like glue, they love to have their pics taken with everybody on the team as you will see. I had a blast with the kids, same with the other guys on the team, no one will forget this day for a long time to come. I was proud to share in this experience and praise God for these people that he brought into my life.
              The kids went in the stations again, everyone had a good time but the heat got to us again, so we had the kids eat. This church had around 300 pair of crocs donated and made up 160 gift boxes filled with pencils, toothbrushes, toothpaste and other school supplies. So each kid got a pair of shoes, a gift box and a candy and off they went as we said goodbye for the last time, how sad, I will never, never forget the kids of  Raymond.
              Then back to the beach and Got Sand?

Sara her happy moment




A little surprise when we got there first thing 














 P.S.  I want to thank God for taking my heart and planting it in Jacmel the first time, so I had to come to Jacmel to reclaim my heart, it made me a stronger man' so I can rely on God more. Love you all, Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment