Saturday, September 3, 2011

The waves come crashin

        I'm sitting in Isaiah house common area, Wednesday night and I have a iced coke in front of me, it's raining and some what cool, ahhhaa  the simple things in life when your in Haiti, I'm in Heaven. I just got back from Jeff house, we had chicken from the chicken lady, their leaving in the morning for the whole month of Sept where I will be staying for the next month. I  got caught in the rain coming back could not see a thing, I knew God was watching over me.
         The first half of the day I went to the CCH clinic to look at doing some framing and sheet rock in  the new operating rooms, start on that job tomorrow. I then drove the moto to Raymond and hooked up with Valley View to work on the fence and I saw the girls in the other truck and they were going to a orphanage in town.
       I realized when I got there I had my flip flops on, not the best choice for doing work on jagged rocks, so I played supervisor for an hour.  When I got to the fence line, they had carried 4 bags of cement and water to mix concrete to pour in the fence holes. We left and had lunch





         Ian, the HFL team leader, said everyone was going back the the dreaded fence after lunch. Ian had a plan to trick everyone to think we were going to work on the fence, in reality the Beach again. We got to Raymond, everyone gathered around see how hard of work this afternoon was turn out to be. Ian explained how tough this afternoon would be and who ever didn't want to work on the fence you had 30 sec to get to the beach. Everyone looked at each other in disbelief and they were gone in a flash. To the beach we went for couple hours and relaxed, watching the waves crashin into the shore. Good times







          On the way back from the beach, we stopped by the house we worked on  the first couple days they were here     



The whole crew

Giving gifts  



No comments:

Post a Comment