Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Life in the burbs

        I have been in Jacmel for 3 weeks today, I truly believe that God is working in me and through me not to change Haiti, not to change Jacmel but to serve and change the people I come in contact with. If I can lend a helping hand wherever they need help they can be freed up to have a moment to themselves, which is most important in the ministry field.
        I am spending the week with Restore Haiti, in a burb of Jacmel called Morne Oge, it's about 3 miles up a dirt road (I can barely find it my self on the moto). The population is around 400 people but there is considerable more people in the surrounding area. Restore Haiti (has 3 people running it state side) in partnership with restoration ministries are concentrating their time and energy on building up one community, one child at a time. Pastor LaFleur heads up the church and most of the activities of the community revolves around the church.
        On Monday, I got to the motel where they were staying, so I had to give Pastor LaFleur a ride to Morne Oge on the back of the moto. We got to the Pastors home and had breakfast, and went to the Clinic and the Clinic was very interesting, it was small and right by the dirt road. Dr Rufus, he is from Nashville Tenn just like most of the team, was trying to see 200 kid in 3 days, just the basic check up. He found at least 2 kids with heart defects, and lot of cavities and other misc medical problems. The joy for me was the kids waiting to see the doctor, there was 80 to 100 kids running around playing with the team. They were just big hams in front of the of the lens, the camera was working overtime, I shot 300 picture that day. My shirt sleeve was been tugged on by all the kids saying "foto, foto" and I couldn't resist, when they saw the foto they laughed and giggled, awesome day
The church




Clinic








The girl on the right, My fav






My favorite lady












            Thay also had a daily feeding program for the kids, you want to see a sight, have a 100 talking kids in a small church, I have a video, you be the judge On my FB page  

No comments:

Post a Comment